O2 Ireland are bringing the iPhone here on 14th March.
- No unlimited data plan. 1GB per month limit. 2c per MB after that. That works out at just over €20 for an extra GB/month.
- No visual voicemail
- €399 for the 8GB, €499 for the 16GB
- €45 per month for the cheapest tarrif giving 175 minutes and 100 texts per month. 18 month agreement.
So, am I going to get one? No. Why?
- I already have a 16GB iPod touch that does just about everything I need bar making calls
- My Nokia N80 suits me fine.
- I’ll wait for the 3G iPhone to come along thanks.
- The handset prices are too high, coming in at more than £50 more expensive than you’d pay on O2 UK for a 16GB model.
- I’m a Speakeasy (PAYG) customer. Those contract rates look stupid compared to what you get on O2 in the UK. £35 for 600 minutes, 500 texts, unlimited data and visual voicemail. I’m not about to sign up for 18 months of what o2.ie are offering.
- No indication of any wifi hotspot deal such as O2 UK have with The Cloud.
All in all the term rip-off springs to mind.